menu bar 10 menu bar 2 menu bar 3 menu bar 4 menu bar 11menu bar 5 menu bar 6

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 Goals and Exciting Things!

Over the past year, I've worked really hard to get where I am at this point with my Etsy shop. The ultimate goal, in time, is to be able to quit teaching. I've always been a creative minded person, and I get the most enjoyment out of doing creative projects. The current school year has been especially trying as it feels as though the cogs of a bureaucratic system are finally getting the best of me. So I began thinking of ways that I could make my new side business (as it is right now) become a full time business.

I've always been a list maker, so it made sense that I jot down my goals in one of my many notebooks.


Here is the list that I'd like to accomplish by the end of the new year.

1. Have 200 designs in my shop.
2. Double my sales for the year with 400 sales.
3. Complete my first craft show.
4. Design a website (Right now I'm thinking of using Big Cartel. Anyone have any experience or success with that?)
5. Design at least one new design per week.
6. Finish setting up my studio. (Did I tell you I got a desk?!)
7. Complete at least three blog posts per week. (I'm trying not to let this blog fall between the cracks).
8. In that same grain, I want to work on gaining more followers-- maybe up to 300!
9. Create a new packaging concept for my cards and stationery-- something that looks more professional than just a cellophane sleeve.
10. Create one treasury per week to amp up exposure.

Think I can get it done? I am so incredibly excited about this coming year! There are already some super exciting things that I've done this past week to take things a step further. I opened a separate checking account for my business only, and I registered my business name! Woohoo!

What sorts of goals have you set for your business this year?

9 comments:

  1. Good luck with these goals! Mine are somewhat similar. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list, very focused. Hope I can do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew! It's a lot to do, but if you really want to quit, you'll definitely get it done. A crappy job is great motivation.

    I quit my day job in November, and I think one of the most important things to consider is diversifying your revenue stream. For me (and my wedding jewelry), Etsy is slowest this time of year and in October. So I have to compensate with craft shows and wholesale/consignment deals. It might be different for your items, but still something to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a list. I am sure that you will accomplish most if not all of those because you definitely have the drive to do it, and your items are awesome. I would love to do a craft show too, but I don't think I'm quite up for that yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you there. I'm getting burnt out on teaching too. It would be great to run my shop full time. Good luck with your goals. I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck in 2012! and show of pics of your studio please!

    -rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have dreamed about quitting my teaching job as well. I love teaching, but I also love to create and sew. You can definitely reach your goals this year. You have great products.

    I would like to make 100 sales this year and would love to do a craft show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great goals and i too think you can do it. and of course, don't beat yourself up if you fall behind here and there. it's the journey to getting there, right? oh and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - sounds like you have a busy and exciting 2012 planned! Can't wait to see what gorgeous designs you create :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...