menu bar 10 menu bar 2 menu bar 3 menu bar 4 menu bar 11menu bar 5 menu bar 6

Friday, August 3, 2012

Repurposed Wine Bottle Tutorial

It's Friday! We're one week into our road trip and we've made it the whole way to Yellowstone National Park. Tonight we're staying in Grant Village which is in the southern end of the park near Yellowstone Lake and some fantastic geyser basins. While I enjoy the beauty around me, Julie from Julie Ann Art has been kind enough to step in and share one of my favorite tutorials of hers. Be sure to stop by Julie's blog to say hi-- it is one of my favorites and you won't be disappointed!

 ---------------------

Hi guys! I'm Julie, from Julie Ann Art and since Heidi is off on a vacation (jealous!) I'm here to share this Repurposed Wine Bottle Tutorial with you! When I came across this tutorial on Pinterest I got excited because I love DIY projects when I already have all the materials I need in my house! What 20-something girl doesn't have an empty wine bottle or two laying around? With a touch of spray paint, these bottles that are collecting dust can be turned into creative vases or candle holders. What a perfect idea for wedding table centerpieces or table numbers!
What you'll need: Wine bottle(s) Spray paint primer Spray paint (colored or chalkboard) Embellishments of your choice Cloth to spray paint on
To remove the labels on the wine bottles, first soak them in warm soapy water for about 15 minutes. This will soften the labels and make them easier to peel off. If you have tougher labels you can run the bottle under warm water while scrubbing the label with a rough sponge. This is what I did and I was able to get all the labels off without the use of Goo Gone or rubbing alcohol.
Once the labels are removed make sure to thoroughly dry the bottles before spray painting. To start, evenly coat the bottle with primer. Be sure to check the directions on the paint can for drying times. Once completely try, follow up with the color of your choice. Let the painted bottles stand for 24 hours and then add any embellishments you'd like, such as ribbon or bows.
I put flowers in mine but wouldn't they also look pretty with candle sticks in them? That would set quite the romantic ambience on a wedding table! Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Great idea and great tutorial. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely love this, heidi! i have saved a ga-zillon wine bottles, thinking i'd have a project with them one day. looks like i just found it! :-)

    p.s. some lovely stationery arrived at my door last weekend! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a fun tutorial. the chalk for a centerpiece is a fab idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...