menu bar 10 menu bar 2 menu bar 3 menu bar 4 menu bar 11menu bar 5 menu bar 6

Monday, October 29, 2012

A Magnet for Natural Disasters, Part II

Remember this awesome tornado? And all of these lovely weather happenings? Add to the list the crazy derecho we experienced this summer and yet another insane thunderstorm that marked the beginning of our summer road trip, causing our first leg of the trip to take almost twice as long. Yes. I am beginning to think that we may actually be cursed. It is all a little too Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs-ish. Today marks the beginning of yet another natural disaster-- Hurricane Sandy.

I certainly love crazy weather. I would be lying if I told you I didn't used to run out in our backyard scanning the sky when the tornado sirens went off while growing up in Indiana. And I would also be lying if I told you I didn't like to take the dog for walks in the middle of hurricanes just so I can feel the intensity of the wind and rain pounding my face. Or that I didn't obsessively scan the weather radar for a week leading up to these big storms. Or that I didn't wish the earthquake would have lasted longer than 30 seconds and that I wasn't sad I didn't feel the aftershocks.

Not much of a blog post today other than to say that 1) I hope the power stays on, 2) I cannot wait to see what happens at 3pm when, according to weather.com, we're supposed to experience (and I quote) "squalls," and 3) considering our luck, we're insanely fortunate that the Yellowstone Supervolcano didn't erupt the second that we entered it's crater boundary on our road trip this summer. The end.

Hope everyone else on the East Coast is staying warm and dry! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm a skeptic about storms! Seems they don't usually do what they're supposed to, but I'm with you on hoping the power stays on. I'm enjoying it while it lasts, catching up on blogs, doing laundry and such! Lots of candles and flashlights are ready though :) be safe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...