menu bar 10 menu bar 2 menu bar 3 menu bar 4 menu bar 11menu bar 5 menu bar 6

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Put the Gun Down

I'm usually not a big fan of female musicians. I'm not really sure why. I think it might have to do with having grown up during an era of Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, and Mariah Carey diva competitions. It was always this thing with these ladies-- someone had the bright idea (or not so bright idea) of sticking these women on stage together (I think this happened on the Grammys or something, but I clearly remember it being awful for all parties involved). The outcome? They would all go at it trying to out-sing and out-run each other in the most totally out of control display of diva-ness I have ever witnessed. It can be scarring, let me tell you.

Lately, it seems that the diva singer is no more and a new trend is appearing in which we have soulful singers that don't make my eardrums bleed. ZZ Ward is one of those. She's bluesy and original, and I haven't stopped listening to her album Til the Casket Drops since I first heard her song Put the Gun Down on my favorite local radio station. So now I'll let you be the judge. Would you rather listen to another diva singer battle or this?


I know which one I'd pick. How about you? What have you been listening to lately?

2 comments:

  1. I like it a lot. I do like female singers though (not the diva variety, but the soulful lyrical type). We've been obsessed with Delta Rae at our house (y'know it's official when it's on the blog).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm usually not too partial with female singers either but I do love Adele!

    Blogging Buddies Team
    http://heversonart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...