menu bar 10 menu bar 2 menu bar 3 menu bar 4 menu bar 11menu bar 5 menu bar 6

Monday, March 18, 2013

Monday Music Gloom

Today is one of those days. I need music to fit the mood. And the mood? Gloomy. It's March and it is currently 37 degrees outside. I don't know what city I'm living it, but it's not Baltimore. Because Baltimore would be 60 degrees right now.

I tried to play music in my classroom this morning and failed miserably. Everything that I put on was just too much. Overbearing. I just couldn't make a choice that was smart. I started with Gary Clark, Jr. which was a poor choice. It was raucous and loud and made me want to grit my teeth in my half awake stupor. I also had this strange notion to play Justin Timberlake's new single Suit and Tie. I don't even freakin' like Justin Timberlake, nor do I especially like the song. I completely blame SNL for putting that song in my head because it has not come loose from my brain for the past two weeks. Curses. And lastly I tried U2's Joshua Tree. It just was not working.

Then I stumbled upon one of my old Aussie favorites, Missy Higgins. And I suddenly remembered she had a new album out last July that I still hadn't gotten around to adding to my iPod. Downloaded. Boom. It was perfection and this song was just what I needed to break through the fogginess and cold of the day.


Do you have music that helps you get through a gloomy and cold day? Are you experiencing colder than normal temps in your neck of the woods?

2 comments:

  1. ahh..I'm in Charlottesville so not too far from you. It's colder than it should be. It was 70 degrees on Saturday.. such a tease. I usually go to Pandora and put on the Michael Jackson station. His songs always put me in a good mood or Sting..or almost anything from the 80s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been so manic here in Portland lately - it'll be 60 something & sunny one day then the next morning my front porch is covered in ice (found that out the hard way)! I've had a lot of Chuck Ragan playing lately... I just want to sit by a fireplace and wrap myself up in his voice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...