menu bar 10 menu bar 2 menu bar 3 menu bar 4 menu bar 11menu bar 5 menu bar 6

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sunday Afternoon Wine Tasting at DeJon Vineyards

This weekend, friends of ours invited us to the Maryland winery DeJon Vineyards for wine tasting. After having gone to school in Central New York, we were familiar with the fact that there are vineyards abound there. However, we had no clue that so many vineyards and wineries existed in Maryland. DeJon Vineyard was a smaller vineyard that has been producing wine for about five years. While only a thirty minute drive from the city, it offered a rustic countryside reprieve from the hustle and bustle of the every day life. Places like these sometimes make Andrew and I think about moving to the country, but only for the moment while we get a chance to recharge our energy.



This was my first time going to a vineyard for wine tasting and being the wine lover than I am, I think it'll have to happen again the future. Have you ever gone wine tasting?

7 comments:

  1. oh I love a good wine tasting. I go a little too often though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man do I go wine tasting. I'm a wine club member at Huber Winery in Starlight, IN. I head there each quarter to pick up my shipment, and I always stop by the tasting room.

    And we have the Indy Wine Trail, which includes 7 nearby wineries. I guess Indiana grows more than just corn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That vineyard has a nice vibe. There are so many vineyards in the Charlottesville area and I've only been to 2 of them. I really need to do some type of wine tour. Perhaps closer to the Fall when it's not god-awful hot outside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos look great! I go wine tasting very often, there are lots of vineyards close to where I live (North Italy), it's always very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a gorgeous place! I just did a post about our Sunday too, though we stayed in the city all day. Maybe we should take a day trip some weekend soon. Sometimes I just feel like it's not quite so hot when we drive out to another area in the summer. That might be psychological, although I did read an article about "urban heat" or something like that once about how all the people and buildings giving off heat do make the temperature a few degrees higher in urban areas. Anyway, the vineyard looks beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never gone to a vineyard for wine tasting, but I have driven through the Napa area and passed by many beautiful vineyards. Some day we'll make a day of it and go for tasting!
    ~Kim
    www.2justByou.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never ever been to a vineyard, and that needs to be remedied. This one is so rustic and charming! Sometimes I think about moving to the country, too, but I feel like living in the suburbs with big trees in our yard is wild enough for me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...