menu bar 10 menu bar 2 menu bar 3 menu bar 4 menu bar 11menu bar 5 menu bar 6

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Travel Daydreams

Today while I was working, I daydreamed. Sometimes it's nice to just escape all pressing issues and just be with your thoughts. My daydreams were of travel. Maybe this daydreaming was brought on by our upcoming trip to Australia, or maybe it was something that was in my subconscious after last week's eruption of Yellowstone's Steamboat Geyser.

This time last year, Andrew and I were on an epic road trip across the United States to some of my favorite National Parks. At Yellowstone we waited with anticipation for nearly 45 minutes during a break in our hiking with hopes to see Steamboat Geyser erupt. Its time was soon up and we had nowhere to be, so we took our chances. Our luck did not pan out, but that was fine by us. After all, we were surrounded by some of the most incredible natural elements of our country, and that was enough.

As my work day concluded, I felt drawn to go back through my photos from those travels. Amongst them, I found an image I had snapped of one of the most amazing sights I have seen, and probably will ever see. Three times I've been witness to Yellowstone's Grand Prismatic spring, and three times I have left in awe.

The beauty that we find on this Earth is incredibly awesome-- and I mean awesome in the truest form of the word.

What are you daydreaming about these days?

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful photo! i've never been to yellowstone before and need to go there sometime soon. i'm hoping to take a vacation next month, so i've been daydreaming of the beach a lot lately!
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...